Thursday, April 26, 2007

pass da peas

Getting It Together

i'm messing up already, but i suppose it's part of the blog world
god forbid i should have got it right the first time 'round...

Hello Cruel World

after two years of being lazy, i've decided the time has come for me to join planet blog and throw down with those other black nerds in the land of cyberfunk. though i can't promise to tap-tap every day, i will at least try to be there for you.

first, let me give a shout-out to my main man, guitarist extraordinaire jean-paul bourelly, who i stole the word "blackadelic" from many years ago, when were both starving artists striving in washington heights. do yourself a favor and check out his charged music, especially the 1999 aural attack of "blackadelic-blu," which features homies mark batson and carl bourelly.

anyone who knows me or who has read my writings (more on that later) knows my pop-cult taste is quite varied. one day i'm praising the koren masterwork "old boy" and the next night i'm bopping my head to sammy davis jr., eno or jill scott. in other words, my taste are all over the place. on "blackadelic pop" my plan is touch on subjects that are flowing through my pickled mind. be it the war on hip-hop, an old short story by chester himes or a silent film i peeped on turner classic movies, to paraphase the staple singers, "i'll take you there."

7 Comments:

Blogger Mat Johnson said...

I screwed up the first time around too, started a whole blog up on Wordpress one night then killed it the next day. I still screw up. It takes time to figure out what you're doing. But eventually you build momentum.

10:31 PM  
Blogger michael a. gonzales said...

thanks man, 'cause i was feeling a little dumb for a minute there.

10:54 PM  
Blogger Christopher Chambers said...

But you still get much love from the folks in B'mo'city...

11:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Michael,

Congrats on the blog... I'm sure you'll have some lovely things to contribute...If not, you can always start talking hella shit like I did...People seem to enjoy that...HA HA!

Peace,
Latisha Simmons

12:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

watch this space—blackadelic is gonna go boom for real!

10:09 AM  
Blogger SoulFeast said...

Beautiful. hey man I'm in the Bronx now. Ya got to come on up. In LES for the weekend. When we gonna hookup?
1love,
brian

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very glad you found me; thanks for reaching out. I look forward to reading more of your work. I'm a seeker of buried treasure and I have no doubt you will take me on a voyage of discovery.

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home